IE 7 includes programming to let you subscribe and read RSS feeds (like the ones available from Your Computer Lady!)
- You’re already familiar with Internet Explorer and probably using it every day to connect to the Internet
- The feeds are on your hard drive and can be read offline.
- The feeds are stored on your hard drive taking up space
- IE 7 doesn’t offer as many features for searching, archiving, tagging that specific programs for RSS feeds offer.
- Go to the web site with the RSS feed you want to subscribe to.
- Click on the RSS icon on the IE7 toolbar or click on the RSS feed icon on the site.
- IE7’s feed reader will open and show you the feeds on the site. At the top of the page, in the shaded box you will see a link “Subscribe to this feed”. Click on the link.
- An IE window opens letting you name the feed and asking where you want to store the feeds you receive. You can organize your feeds just like you do your Favorites.
- You can view your feeds in the left-side panel with your Favorites and History.