Dr. Michael Prochazka is the principal of Pet DNA Services of AZ. I met Michael at a class presented by the Maricopa County Small Business Development Center. Michael asked for assistance with building an Access database to replace the cumbersome Excel spreadsheet he had been using.
- Forms with drop-down menus to allow faster and more accurate input of data.
- Relational tables to tie together information about the owner, their horses, the tests they had requested.
- Two versions of the test report that could be emailed or printed for the owner.
- Making the leap from the limitations of Excel to the many options of Access. Michael hadn’t used Access previously so it was a new program for him. It took us several versions and updates to get to the final version.
- YCL had to learn quite a bit about genetic testing to put together the tables, forms and reports. This is an area where YCL excels, however. We really want to learn how your business operates. The first project is always the hardest. But as we learn your preferences and the facets of your business, the whole process gets easier.