Here is a different way to organize your emails in Outlook. You can have the color of your incoming messages from a designated contact automatically set to a color of your choice. Here is how you can set it up.
- Click on the View tab
- On the far left in the Current View group click View Settings
- In the pop up window click Conditional Formatting
- In the next window click Add, now once you have highlighted the new rule (which is labeled Untitled) you can rename it by clicking on it, now click Condition.
- Now click the From button and you can choose a contact or multiple contacts from your address book, and then click OK.
- Lastly click the Font button and change the color and/or font for this rule.
So now when looking at your inbox, you can easily find messages you are looking for just by seeing what color it is.