The Miller Team needed an administrative person to help them market their new listings, keep accurate files, update online databases, write articles for a monthly newsletter sent out to homeowners and complete a wide range of other clerical tasks to free up Susan and Grant to do real “agent” stuff. First, Your Computer Lady compiled a Processes document that is updated every month to ensure that all processes are current. Second, Your Computer Lady completes assigned tasks either in the Miller Team office or from the Your Computer Lady office as needed to keep the work flow smooth.
Your Computer Lady expanded the Lights Up Arizona 8.5 x 11.0 two-page brochure into a four-page layout to add room for new manufacturers as well as more product photos of the beautiful lines they represent.
Need a new website?
I can handle it!
The Arizona Chapter of Maintenance Superintendents Association needed a new website and FAST! Their largest event was being held in a little over two weeks. Your Computer Lady built a new WordPress web site that is fresh, up to date and user friendly. The next step is for Your Computer Lady to train volunteers at AZ MSA so that they will be able to update their new web site quickly and easily. This is one of the real benefits of a WordPress site. The software to edit site pages or make blog posts is similar to Microsoft Word so volunteers can learn the techniques easily and retain it in order to make updates on the site. It can be a big cost savings for a non-profit organization or a for-profit business.
Hollow Metal Xpress tried the new Constant Contact Social Campaign software. The Campaign allows you to cross-pollinate your email list and Facebook fans. First, you invite your email subscribers to join the sweepstakes by Like-ing your business page. If they share the sweepstakes with friends, those friends give you their email in order to join the sweepstakes. So you increase your Facebook reach and get new emails to extend your email marketing! Win – Win!
Statistics from the first HMX sweepstakes:
- Page Visits – 432 visited the Facebook link to enter the contest
- Entries – 40% of the visitors entered the sweepstakes
- Facebook Likes – 163 people Liked the HMX business page (Some had already liked it but did it again to enter the contest.)
- New Email Subscribers – 49 brand new emails that HMX can use for future email marketing
One of the many benefits of a WordPress site is its ability to grow with your company, your budget and your needs. Your Computer Lady built a two page site for author, Mary Simonsen. Mary has written three books in her new Patrick Shea Mysteries series. All she needed right now was a small site and a blog. But we have a plan in place for the future! We can add a page for each book that will offer excerpts. We can add pages for new books. We can add additional social media connections. Mary has already used the site for an Amazon promotion.
A retail shopping mecca with 1600 merchants at high season, Mesa Market wanted a site to better display their upscale location and high end merchants. This is not your grandmother’s swap meet. We’re talking screen doors, clothing, flooring, jewelry, binoculars, artwork and so much more.
Social media is a big part of the marketing plan. Your Computer Lady designed a page to pull together Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to strengthen each social media effort.
As a retail site, it is important to make critical information such as maps, hours, dates, special events front-and-center. The new site layout does this while keeping a clean, comfortable appearance.
Many entertainers are so popular that they have return engagements. Many events like the annual classic car show are annual. The WordPress site allows Mesa Market to create an event page and re-use it year after year making simple updates.
- Lots of links to manufacturers’ sites. They already have technical data on their sites so there is no need to re-invent the wheel.
- We used a lot of photos from the manufacturers. Good photography is an expense for a site. As a rep company, The Z Group has permission and is encouraged to use manufacturers’ photos. Big cost savings!
- More technical data. Your website should be the repository for the technical data and information your clients ask for regularly: a handing chart, industry standards, etc. Why email a piece of information 50 times a week when you could email a simple link to the data on your site? That’s a great way to increase traffic on the site.
- Information your staff needs. You can store a tremendous amount of information on a website. You can have private pages that only staff have access to. Keep policies, forms and how-to documents accessible and consistent.